Your Dream Kitchen Awaits You
Marble Countertops in Springfield, MO
Marble countertops in Springfield, MO is a truly timeless material, prized for its beauty and uniqueness. Marble countertops in Springfield lend incomparable style and class to any decor, regardless of what room they are used in. Perfect for indoor and outdoor kitchens, bathrooms, vanities and other areas of your home to create a cohesive look throughout.
What is Marble?
With a name deriving from an ancient Greek word that roughly translates into “shining stone,” marble is one of the most sought-after materials for natural stone countertops in Springfield, MO homes. Springfield marble countertops are revered for the brilliant display offered by their metamorphic structure and high dolomite or calcite content. Rich colors and deep veining build the foundation of these most unique natural stone countertops. There are many different types of marble used in natural stone countertops, but some of the most popular include:
- Italy’s famous Carrara marble, with its distinctive white to blue-gray coloration.
- Blue, white, or black Creole and salmon, pink, or rose Etowah marbles, all from the state of Georgia in the southern US.
- Connemara marble, which showcases beautiful green coloration from Ireland.
- Greece’s white Parian, the epitome of pure white marble.
Each type of marble has specific attributes that exist only in marble from that location. Marble that is fine-grained, for example, tends to have a more consistent color, while heavier grains allow for greater color variation. Everything from the grain of the stone to the number and size of veins is largely dependent on the heat and pressure to which it was exposed when it formed.
While marble is beautiful, marble does have its disadvantages.
- Marble can be polished to a very high sheen, but this high polish can be easily harmed by common substances like soda, coffee, and fruit juice.
- Marble is more prone to scratches and less resistant to heat than some other stone countertop options. Without proper care, marble can be damaged by an errant knife or hot pan.
- Marble is very porous, much more so than granite. This allows liquids to seep into the stone, possibly leaving you with unsightly blemishes.
We highly recommend that you protect your investment in Springfield marble countertops with marble sealer. The sealant we use, Stain-Proof Plus, allows us to provide a 25-year warranty when we seal your natural stone countertops.
Ready for the kitchen of your dreams?
Follow Us Online
Every piece of marble is different because of the specific conditions surrounding its formation, the underlying rock type (typically limestone or dolostone), and the “impurities” present at the time the rock metamorphosed into marble. Marble countertops for Springfield, MO kitchens and bathrooms have a variety of complementary advantages, such as:
- Beauty that is hard to surpass with any other type of stone countertop for your Springfield, MO home.
- A unique formation that you can rest assured will never be repeated elsewhere.
- Creating a polished and cohesive finish for your dream kitchen or bathroom in Springfield, marble countertops work very well with many styles, whether sleek and modern or rustic and warm.
- Excellent durability and longevity with proper care and maintenance.
- A range of finishes to impart exactly the look you want.
- Excellent heat resistance (although less than provided by granite countertops).
- Truly stunning colors paired with an endless variety of veining.
- Recognition as one of the top surface choices for kneading dough, making pie crusts, and creating other pastry doughs.
In short, marble countertops are widely considered the most desirable natural stone countertops in Springfield, MO, even taking into account their attendant maintenance. The rich warmth and gorgeous natural glow of marble countertops in Springfield, Missouri homes impart a feeling of opulence and grandeur that is simply impossible to ignore.
More Reason to Consider Marble Countertops
- Marble countertops in Springfield are undeniably beautiful and offer a totally unique choice for your dream kitchen.
- Although it doesn’t provide quite as much resistance to heat as granite or quartz, marble can still handle many typical sources of kitchen heat.
- Marble can be extremely durable when cared for properly; however, it’s essential to make sure it’s sealed properly.
Marble Countertop Colors
Marble colors are available to match a wide array of décor, with the palette running the gamut from deepest black to purest white. Neutral marble colors abound, including tans, beiges, and browns in a variety of shades. Marble countertops can be found in soft shades of orange and yellow, greens, blues, pinks, and more. You can find the perfect Springfield, MO marble countertop for your space among our thousands of in-store slabs, whether you crave striking black veins and bold, dramatic color, or a surface of sunset peach shot through with veins of delicate cream.
Marble Kitchen Countertops
Marble kitchen countertops are somewhat more difficult to install than other types of stone countertops, so it’s important to work with a marble countertop installer in Springfield, MO who has the necessary experience. A few other things to keep in mind:
- Marble countertops can be polished or honed. Polished marble is extremely smooth and very glossy, with fairly good protection against staining. Honed surfaces feel velvety, don’t have a high gloss, and are more resistant to scratches.
- Marble kitchen countertops are heat-resistant, but don’t set hot pans or pots directly on them as this can cause discoloration; always use trivets or hot pads.
- Generally cool and smooth, marble kitchen countertops provide an excellent surface for preparing breads and other types of dough.
Marble Bathroom Countertops
Long considered to be the only choice for bathroom vanity tops, Springfield marble easily holds its own against newer rivals like engineered stone. Marble bathroom countertops in Springfield, MO are both beautiful and functional, lending a warm, opulent feel to any space in your home.
Getting Started in Five Easy Steps
We’ve streamlined our process for the design, production, and installation of your marble countertops in Springfield, MO. to just five steps.
- Fill out our online estimate form. One of our Design Specialists will contact you within 24 hours to walk you through the rest of the process.
- Choose your Springfield marble from one of our thousands of in-store slabs, and make a choice regarding your preferred finish. You’ll also be able to choose from several types of edging.
- We’ll create a template of your space. From the time we make the template to the date of installation is guaranteed to be between five and seven (5-7) business days.
- We’ll create your marble countertops by:
- inspecting for possible flaws;
- double-checking the template layout;
- cutting the slab to the correct size;
- creating the edge, finishing the countertop; and
- performing a quality assurance check before installing your marble countertops.
- Finally, we’ll set up and complete your marble countertop installation in Springfield, MO.
We invite you to fill out our easy estimate form, and one of our Design Specialists will be in touch with you within 24 hours to go over the details of your Springfield, Missouri marble countertop project.